Thursday, June 17, 2021

The Cove at Corona del Mar

 And here are a few cellphone photos from my subsequent trip to the beach at Corona del Mar, after having finished up at the Sherman Library and Gardens. I got lost finding the street to make the turn west, I was supposed to turn on Narcissus, but I was not concentrating and found myself driving by an area I had not seen before. It was the entrance to Crystal Cove, a place I will visit in the future, but not today. I made the U-turn and went back and found my turn. 

This was a little secluded cove with a small beach. The tidepools were in evidence and, despite the chilly gloom that made this outing much different from the one I was hoping for, everyone seemed to be having fun. There were very few swimsuits, this was more light clothing because of the gloom. I had not visited this beach, but I enjoyed the quick trip, especially looking at the tidepools (I saw no marine life in them) and looking out to the arch in the ocean. Note to self: be careful. I could easily sprain my ankle out there, and then, I would be sh*t out of luck. As it was, the waves were moving back in in force, and I was worried that I was stuck out in the rocks out in the ocean and would have to wade back to the beach.













No comments:

Post a Comment