Friday, June 18, 2021

Visit to Corona del Mar on a gloomy day

 Here are a few 6x17 photos from my visit to Corona del Mar on June 17th, 2021. I was hoping for so much better, clear sunlight and a red filter would have given me, I think, beautiful images. Instead, the ocean gloom doomed me, it would not lift. It felt comfortable, I will grant that, but I wanted photos with dark skies, dramatic clouds and a beautiful rocky coastline. 


Looking north, this is a nice little area, but the ocean is empty of features. I could have used some clouds in the sky.


This is a better vantage point, a view of the cliffs and the arch in the ocean. 


And a mistake, a double exposure. I have the cliff scene but also a scene from the Sherman Library and Gardens. A curiosity, but this photo does not work for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment