Thursday, July 1, 2021

And July come rushing in with a bang!

 Well, that is what I would have thought, but it has been quiet these last few days. No loud music being played by the neighbors in back, and no motocycle roaring into the house in front, and no teenagers setting off fireworks nearby as was the case last year. It has been quiet, and I am grateful.

The neighbors in front are still cleaning out the house. Their mom, Mrs. P., passed away in February from Covid, and it has taken them a long time to change the paperwork to their names and to initiate the moves to sell the house. It will take some time, still, it looks as if they still have more work to do to clean out the house, and they have a big steel container in the driveway, waiting to be carted off who knows where. To Hemet, the land of Heat, about 50 miles inland, but the place where Mexican-Americans can afford houses because no one else would want to live there in that inferno. 

I did little today, I didn't even go out and walk. I had gone to San Diego yesterday, but I didn't really walk very much. I had maybe one hour and thirty minutes of walking, hardly enough, but the drive was what tired me out. Today, though, I just wanted to work on my Canvas lessons. I made some progress.

We have some house work being performed this Saturday. My brother-in-law will come with a friend to rip out the carpet in mom's room and move out the furniture to get it ready to set the tile floor. Sunday is the 4th of July, but I have no plans. I really don't want to go anywhere, they have announced their traditional displays at the beach, but knowing the way things have been, the gloom will probably set in, making for out-of-focus and hazy light displays. I also don't want to go to Mt. Rubidoux, someone standing out there in the park just doesn't attract me. 

Here are some scans of slide film. I used my Fuji GW690ii but inserted the 35mm adaptor. You heard me right, 35mm slide film in a medium format camera. I love the way the slides came out. I would do it again and I have some boxes of expired slide film, but I don't want to use it that way. Slide film in 35mm format is very expensive, almost $20 a roll. I would rather use it for model photography or for "killer" landscape locations (and gardens). Besides, I only got 11 images on the roll. They were taken at the end of 2020, judging by the photo of City Hall with a Christmas wreath (and the trees changing color). Here they are:













No comments:

Post a Comment