Thursday, July 22, 2021

Tell it to the Mansion

 To the Kimberly Crest Mansion in the college town that has the name of Redlands, CA! I went there this past Monday, July 19th, and was able to arrive at about 11:30 a.m. It was closed, and I was very disappointed, thinking that I had been lied to by the web which indicated that the location should be open. On a whim, I decided to call the number for the mansion that was listed,and someone answered and apologized and came down to open the gate! I am glad I called.

This is a beautiful, if somewhat modest, mansion in Redlands, located next to the orange groves of Prospect Park. It was unmercifully hot that day, but I was able to take photos by going round and round the mansion. I used first my Fuji GW690ii with a roll of color film, then two rolls of infrared film, then I started using my Canon T90 with slide film. Those two cameras, by the way, really weigh me down. ("Don't weigh me down....oooop!", as the song goes from decades back). 

Here are a few cellphone photos:












No comments:

Post a Comment