Saturday, July 3, 2021

Walk in Hidden Valley

 Today is July 3rd, otherwise known as the eve of the Big Fireworks Show tomorrow. No, it isn't that, but I am feeling so cynical. 

We were waiting to have some work done at home. We want to replace the floor, and we were going to get my brother-in-law and his friend to come do so. It didn't work out, they called and had excuses for not coming, so in the end, it looks as if we will have to hire a professional company. What made me think it would be otherwise?

Since I was feeling stressed and was in need of exercise, I drove early today to the Hidden Valley Nature Reserve once again in Riverside county. To tell the truth, I could have gotten exercise anywhere else, but there were beautiful clouds in the sky, and I thought it would be a spectacle for infrared film. So I loaded up my Minolta Autocord TLR and took two rolls of Rollei Infrared and drove out there at about 9:05 a.m., before the temperatures climbed so that steel would melt, and got there at about 9:25 a.m. It was great, not too uncomfortable and we had a cooling breeze. It was getting uncomfortable when I left at about 11:20 a.m.

Here are some cellphone photos. I also exposed two rolls of infrared film, and will upload a few of the images in a later post.











No comments:

Post a Comment