Thursday, April 1, 2021

More from the UCR Botanic Garden in 8x10

 Today is April 1st, but I'm in no mood for jokes. It just feels somber, and the clouds really came rolling in today by mid morning. I saw them approaching from the south, peeking over the mountains, as I was driving at 9:30 a.m. to have bloodwork done at my medical center. I actually found myself wishing that I had a camera loaded with infrared film in order to capture them. As I left, they gained confidence and moved forward, and it became a cloudy and very muggy day. So much so that today was the first day I felt comfortable wearing shorts.

Well, since I didn't go anywhere and didn't do much of anything, I spent some time developing film. I took care of two sheets of 8x10 and two rolls of 120 JCH film. It was a long, long time in the bathroom pouring chemicals in and out, but in reality, you can do it without devoting your complete attention. I listened to DVDs from the Teaching Company, "Life in the Universe". The time went by slowly, but not glacially. 

Here is a photo from my trip yesterday to the UCR Botanic Garden. What strikes me is that I am using my red filter, but it doesn't darken the sky at all. I think I will dispense with the filter and see the difference. 




No comments:

Post a Comment