Friday, April 23, 2021

Visiting Brand Park in Glendale in 2020

 In the midst of the pandemic, as California was awaiting what would be an atrocious second wave of infections and deaths, back in autumn of 2020, I went to Brand Park in Glendale, CA. I used to go here regularly twenty years ago, when photo events were held, but had not been there in a long time. I remembered the small Japanese garden in the enclosed park. I also remembered the Moorish building which houses a library. I never took photos of these landmarks, back in the late 90s and early 2000s I was focused only on taking photos of models, models, models and models. I wish I had paid attention. I wonder, if I live much longer, what I will be regretting in the future that I am not doing now.

Here are some 6x9 slide photos I took with my Fuji GW690ii. I had them developed a while ago, but they have been sitting for months in an envelope on my shelf, along with several other envelopes with photos I have not scanned. I don't know why I didn't want to make the effort to scan them earlier. I guess I am feeling garden-burnout. I want to photograph different things.

Here are my slides, scanned today:








(Above: What is this? Well, look closely. Here there be turtles, lounging in the sun.)



No comments:

Post a Comment