Friday, September 18, 2020

Another pinhole photo

 When I went to the park, I had to try more shots with my 8x10 pinhole camera. It is f500 and gives about 104 degree angle of view. I have not liked the blurry photos, but at least now I can get decent exposures. They just turn out blurrier than I wanted, even considering they are pinholes.

I quickly lined up a view of the two buildings and set the camera up on the tripod. Horizontal view, an exposure of 180 seconds. It worked, and there was no breeze so the blurriness was not due to a swaying camera. It is too blurry for me. I really am hoping to be able to purchase the Will Travel portable 8x10 camera with a real lens before too long.

Film was Arista 200. Size was, as mentioned before, 8x10. I bought a new film holder, and it seems to be light-tight, because this frame was taken with that film holder. I am relieved.


This is a direct scan of my negative. Not the best scan, I just lay it on the bed and put some coarse white print paper above it, then a book above that, then do a scan at 1200 dpi. It is a quick scan.


Then I crudely invert the image with my Apple computer software. It is very crude, but it give an idea. There is very noticeable vignetting. Is this also a part of the pinhole experience?

I took three other pinhole exposure but I don't know when I will process them. I am tired of the work involved to process just one 8x10 negative. I want to buy a 20th Century Camera film reel that processes two 8x10 negatives at a time. I will wait.




No comments:

Post a Comment