Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Looking for a rest at Descanso Gardens

 Here are a few cellphone photos of my trip to Descanso Gardens in La Cañada / Flintridge, in northern Los Angeles county. I went on Monday, Sept. 21st. I remember decades ago that a friend had told me about this garden, and I should have gone back then. It was always a dream deferred until now that I am desperately looking for peace in these troubling times.

I loved my visit, but I have to say, it was more modest that other gardens I had visited. It was still immensely pleasing. It isn't the size, it is the atmosphere, although on that day, there was a big billowing fire cloud in the nearby mountains. This garden is located close to the Angeles Crest Highway, which is the entryway to the mountains, and there is a stubborn fire that continues to burn.

















No comments:

Post a Comment