Friday, September 18, 2020

Huntington Library

 And here are a few more shots from my trip to the Huntington Library on Monday. 


A pond in a section somewhere where I was dead tired by the time I arrived. Loved the pond, but the violet smear ruined the central area. (As I write this at 11:39 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 18th, we just had an earthquake in southern California. It is only a matter of time before we have an aftershock.)



Statuary in a part of the garden


More statues. All with Arista 4x5 200 ISO film


The Japanese Garden at the library. This is not a good exposure and of course I know it, but I wanted to capture something. I don't know how I ruined the bottom edge of the negative, I must not have inserted the dark slide completely at the end. I think I remember noticing that when I took that photo.

I still have a few more photos to develop. I will return to this beautiful place. I wonder what it will look like in infrared?

(It is 11:42 p.m. and no aftershocks yet. The jolt was significant and the walls did shake. Crudely enough, I can't get the old AC/DC song out of my head. "Oh yeah you, shook me all..night...long!".)


No comments:

Post a Comment