Monday, September 28, 2020

Fomapan negatives

 I have grown so frustrated with the violet stain on my Arista negatives that I decided I needed to try another film. I know, I know, Fomapan is supposed to be the same as Arista except for the fact that it is slightly more expensive. I was hoping that expense would translate into different quality and no violet stains on the negatives, but I guess I was wrong. Washing the negatives as I am about to develop them gives me the same green runoff, and when I finish fixing them, the green stain becomes violet as with the Arista film. I guess it is the same film, but packaged differently. 

Here are two frames I took with Fomapan 100 film, using my Travelwide 4x5 camera. I used a Red 25A filter and it was very hot and cloudless outside. The stain is there, but now, I think it is the developing reel. I will have to try the 20th Century camera reel next, just to confirm this. I wonder, however, why it doesn't stain my HP5+ negatives. It did partially stain one of my Rollei 400 negatives.


City hall. There was a homeless man with a grocery store basket watching me off to the right the whole while. 


I went to the post office to clean out my PO box and decided to take my other exposure with this church. No, there is no aurora borealis, not in the middle of a blazing hot day in southern California, it is the effect of the violet stain on the negative. 

I will try the other reel later on this week. Hopefully I am not completely exhausted. As I said in the previous entry, I need a week of rest. 


No comments:

Post a Comment