Sunday, March 7, 2021

2020 Asian Lunar New Year in San Gabriel

 Here are a few photos I took before the pandemic overwhelmed us and sent us sheltering in fear and confusion. They are from an Asian Lunar New Year festival held at the San Gabriel Mission in February of 2020. It was to be one of the only Asian New Year events I was to be able to attend, and I was surprised it was still held, because the Alhambra event had been cancelled, as had others. I think I went to the renewed Riverside New Year event, but if I did, it was not the same. This one featured wonderful entertainment, including a beautiful performance from a group specializing in Vietnamese folk dances, Viet Cam. It was also a bright, warm day. I went with my cameras, and one of them was the Fuji 6x9. 








No comments:

Post a Comment