Friday, March 19, 2021

Blooms at the Japanese Garden in SD 2021

These are scans of a few photos I took from my "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" trip on Tuesday, March 9th, 2021 to the Japanese Garden at Balboa Park in San Diego, CA. I used Fuji 400H film, the discontinued color film that has been much mourned by film aficionados. I have to admit, they are not my best compositions, but I was tired, having spent three hours earlier taking photos of the murals at Chicano Park in Barrio Logan, and it was getting close to 4:00 p.m., and I had been walking around all day and wanted to take one color roll, since I had already used so many slide rolls. The garden is beautiful, I was last there on Feb. 29th, 2020, just a few short weeks before the calamity of Covid hit us nationwide and sent us sheltering in place. Today is March 19th, and a year ago, we were cowering in fear and starting to hear about many casualties here in the USA, a country that prides itself on being invulnerable, especially during the Trump years. It was a brutal reckoning, and we are still not out of the woods, but this visit was peaceful for me. The blooms were very colorful. They should be past prime by now. 










No comments:

Post a Comment