Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Back to 8x10

 I have been remiss, I have been neglecting my 8x10 negatives. I have a box with about 15 exposures that I have been loathe to develop this past month and a half, but today, after finishing with my morning Zoom sessions, and to avoid having to go out and get angry about all the cars parked on the street, all belonging to the young man who is the grandson of the neighbor who passed away, I went ahead and developed two sheet. I used my 20th Century Camera loading reel, and placed them in my Patterson tank. I know, I know, what happened? I don't know if I purposely shot that shady area without appreciating what an uneven negative it would give me. I don't even remember where I shot it. All I know is that I think it was due to my misjudgement with the dynamic range of the scene, even though this is not slide film, this is Foma 200 black and white film. I can't rescue the dark areas, if I raise light levels there, I lose them elsewhere. I need to do better.




No comments:

Post a Comment