Saturday, November 7, 2020

A trip to Lompoc

Yep, I was there, my one and only visit to the agricultural settlement known as Lompoc, which can be considered a part of Central California although it is still close to the coast. It was dry and hot as heck when I went way back then, in 2001, but I went to see a parade, of which there are few during the summer, and because I knew that the Long Beach Junior Concert Band would be appearing and performing. 

It was a long drive, I seem to remember, and the fields have a beauty to them. I was of course driving a family car, so it was a lot of miles to put on it, although I might have actually rented a car. I went and I remember very high temperatures, so high that I just wanted to scramble back into any kind of air conditioning. I made it, though, and hopefully I will find more photos in other envelopes.









No comments:

Post a Comment