Friday, November 6, 2020

The path in IR

 These area a few of the infrared photos I took today, Friday, Nov. 6th, 2020, on my walk along the bike path at the base of Mt. Rubidoux. I was using my Fuji GW690ii camera which is heavier than heck, and is also known as the "Texas Leica" because of its monstrous size, but is a completely manual camera with a stellar lens. It is a rangefinder, so it is easy to use for infrared photography when I screw in my Hoya R72 filter. Aperture of f16, shutter speed of 1/30th, handheld. The size of the negatives is 6x9. I developed the negatives at home today with regular black and white chemicals, and I gave it extra time because the last time I was developing Japan Camera Hunter Streetpan 400 film, the negatives were very thin. I gave it about 13 minutes this time, rather than the 10 minutes last time. I am please with the images, although of course, they are a little blurry if you magnify them (because I was handholding using a slow shutter speed). Also, there is plenty of dust to remove, and I removed a little from the images, but that process of doing it by hand is very time consuming. So, the negatives are scanned and uploaded mostly as they are, with dust. Scanned on my Epson V600 scanner. This was a great day for these images, the clouds added drama instead of having a blank and black sky.





No comments:

Post a Comment