Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Photos from a San Diego photo event long ago

 Here are some modeling photos I took on the Star of India sailboat in San Diego back in around 2005. I remember the name of the organizer, he was a very affable (and fit) older man by the name of Al Day, and he would go to other photographer events to recruit them. He also published a magazine with photos of these events, but most of the contributions were his. This was an exciting prospect, to be able to actually roam free on the Star of India and take photos.

I remember that event. It was sunny but there was a very, very cold wind blowing, and I needed a jacket. I don't know how the models could withstand the cold. Yes, the photos make it look as if it they were comfortable, but it was not, the photos were deceiving. It was very, very cold. I miss those carefree days of being able to photograph models in beautiful locations.







No comments:

Post a Comment