Monday, November 23, 2020

A visit to the sculpture garden

 Here is a visit to the sculpture garden in Santa Fe Springs. It is in an industrial hub next to Heritage Park, CA, but I would not have known about it unless I saw the sign close to the intersection of Florence and Norwalk Blvd, as I was leaving Freestyle a few weeks ago. Back then, I saw the sign and thought, could they be referring to the park I have seen? But no, it couldn't, because there are no sculptures at Heritage Park, only old buildings (and interpretations of native habitations). Also, there was a sign below it indicating that Heritage Park was a separate destination. So, I had to find out more.

I was not really successful on the web. There are very few photos except for the pool photo, and none that I saw with sculptures. Could they be the type I saw at Cerritos a few weeks ago? So, today, in lieu of a trip to the Huntington Library, which I was not prepared to make because, well, because, I decided to go here and search for this garden. I found it, a rather modest creation. There was a sculpture, it depicted two men who must have been oil drillers, but most of what I saw were modest, painted cutouts posted here and there. 

Still, it was wonderful to be out on a mildly cold fall day. It feels like fall, I am happy to report! I even wore my sweater, although I was also wearing shorts. I took my 4x5 Travelwide also with several holders loaded with HP5+ film, because I wanted to expose this film stock and see if I still got the same problems I was having with the Arista 200 film. For three frames I used the red 25A filter, and I ditched it for the rest in case it is the filter that is erasing my images. I suspect it is the film, there is a problem with it and with the loading on the reel. It can't be the chemicals because, well, why did they work on the 8x10 Arista sheet of film?

Here are my cellphone photos.













No comments:

Post a Comment