Saturday, November 14, 2020

Walk around town

 Here are a few photos of my morning walk around town. It is chilly outside, this is fall weather, although there is plenty of sunshine. It feels like fall, definitely and finally, after the scorching summer we had, although we are expecting another mini-heatwave in the next few days.


The train tracks as I begin my morning walk are calm. No Metrolink trains, no endless cargo trains that take five minutes to cross.


This tree was so beautiful last year that I had to photograph it with slide film with my 4x5 camera. This time, it looks like Sideshow Bob's hairdo.



Some local trees as I walk on the road past the rescue mission. This was a very solitary street.



The canal with dirty water. 



The sign for the gigantic, humungous, levianthan-in-scope apartment blocks that replaces a movie theater complex that used to be located on this block in the city called Crown. It looks like a designer apartment block, but I can only imagine the gigantic rental prices. If the *cheap apartments cost about $2,000 for a two bedroom apartment, what must these be charging when they put so much into landscaping?


This is a few steps away from where I took the prior photo. Yes, these apartment dwellers do not care about disposing their fast-food debris right on the sidewalk. There is no care for cleanliness.


The factory warehouses and shops. I remember when this was just a dirty lot of barren ground. 


The riverbed, clogged with detritus. 


These apartment blocks were just finished a few months ago. I think they are apartments, although they might also be condominiums for sale. Who would buy next to a dirty riverbed? (See prior photo) 


No comments:

Post a Comment