Friday, January 29, 2021

The LA Arboretum in infrared

 Okay, okay, so I made a mistake. After visiting the LA Arboretum this past Wednesday and taking infrared photos with my Fuji GW690ii, in combination with JCH Streetpan film, I have to admit, things did not come out as expected. My aperture setting was inadequate for the job. Massive fail. I think I used f11, but might possibly have been foolish enough to use f8, hoping as I did to get adequate negatives that were not too thin. The negatives were fine, they were dense enough, but the depth of field was not, it was way too shallow. So, I am not happy with these images.

Note to self, I will need to be more careful. You learned your lesson. Use f16, but a shutter speed of 1/15th. I will have to push development too to get denser negatives, but I need that depth of field to encompass more of the background. I think I used f8, I am not sure but that is what I think I used. Whatever it was, it was a darkish day (there were clouds and the light levels were low), so of course, I justified it on that basis. I will need to learn from my mistakes.

By the way, today it was forecast to rain all day, but all I notices was some drizzle. It was mostly cloudy, though, but at times the sun came out. The neighborhood was quiet all day. The neighbor by the name of Vargas has been gone for about two weeks, all I see is his truck but no movement in the house, not even his sons driving in, just a silent house, and no signs of habitation in the house of King, and no signs from the Partida house, whose matriarch is in the hospital, it is said, with Covid, and no sign of habitation by the young man who lives in the house facing ours. It looks desolate. 

And, according to Worldmeters, we are getting close to hitting 450,000 dead of Covid in this country.







No comments:

Post a Comment