Monday, December 21, 2020

Back to the Riverwalk (in infrared)

 Today I had some free time. I already wrote in the previous post that I returned to the Riverwalk to take a few 8x10 photos to determine if my Willtravel camera was working. Well, as detailed before, I made a mistake and lost the exposures due to the fact that there was a sheet of film inside that was blocking the light. However, I resolve, this time, I am not going away empty-handed. I am taking a few 4x5 photos as well, and I did. These are two of them, taken with Rollei Infrared 400 film and an R72 filter. Of course, the look of infrared is "other-worldly". It captures frequencies that we can't see with out vision, and thus, I like to think of it as giving us a ghostly view of the world. No, they were not taken at night with spotlights, these were taken in the middle of the day, at about 1:30 p.m., in fact. The sun was very, very bright, and temperatures were very high, nearing the 90 degree mark. I think I should consider a whole series of explorations of this place with infrared film, as one of many projects for 2021. 




No comments:

Post a Comment