Thursday, December 10, 2020

More photos from the Santa Barbara Botanic Garden

 Here is another batch of photos of the Santa Barbara Botanic Garden, taken, as I recall, in October of 2020, when I took my "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" to go visit. They were taken with JCH Streetpan 400 film on my Fuji GW690ii, using an R72 filter. I have to critique myself, so I will say it. Do not just take photos of shrubbery. Take photos with different features, and some open space. I have a photo near the end with just shrubs, it is not very good. The first one, with the pond, or else with the mountains in the back and open spaces, are what I want.


Probably my best photo. It is located next to the meadow. 


Need more open space here.


It is cluttered, but I like it.


Bridge over troubled, well, non-existent waters. There was next to no water in the stream, just a puddle.


This is what I mean about being more careful with shrubbery. I needed more open space and features, not just trees.


This one is better, although I could have looked for another angle off to the right.




No comments:

Post a Comment