Friday, December 4, 2020

The Riverside Courthouse (again)

 Here is another 8x10 pinhole image of the Riverside courthouse in sunny Riverside, CA. I took it on Sunday, Nov. 29th. First thing first, the sun was fading fast because it was about 3 p.m., and darkness falls at about 5 p.m. It was definitely not sunny 16 sunlight, it looked and felt like twilight sun. Also, wow, this camera is very wide angle! I tried to get close to the building, I felt I was crowding it, and yet, the images appears as if I was keeping my distance. Also, I am really liking the circular image, it doesn't matter to me that it doesn't cover the full frame. The image quality is so much more superior on this 8x10 camera than it is with the other overseas, aluminum camera that I purchased earlier this year.

I think I am getting better as well at estimating the composition. No viewfinder, of course, but I look at the shape and orientation of the box, and just try to project imaginary lines to the plane of what it will see. Where I am not adjusting is in taking into account the extreme wide-angle view.

Negatives loaded on the 20th Century Camera 8x10 reel and processed in a Jobo tank with Arista developer for 9 minutes. This is 1+9 dilution (1 part solution, 9 parts water). Scanned with my Epson V600 scanner in office mode, 1200 dpi. The inversion process is with modest software on my mac. I will import these images to my laptop with Photoshop in the next few days and invert with that program, but this gives me an idea.




No comments:

Post a Comment