Tuesday, December 1, 2020

More Seal Beach

 Here are a few more photos from my trip to Seal Beach, CA, on Monday, Nov. 30th, the last day of the month. 

The place is almost empty. There is so much space there, such open skies, such open beaches, such open paths. I so very little clutter of houses, not like in the communities of Orange County to the south, with that level of obscene consumerism. The beach here is minimalist.

These are 4x5 sheets, but I can only scan a portion of the sheets. The first, I think, is HP5+, but the others are Foma 100 black and white. I was using a red filter, a 25A, of course, so for the Foma film, I had to use a very, very slow shutter speed since I didn't have a tripod (and I don't want to use a tripod, that was the whole point for me to buy this Travelwide camera). I used 1/30th of a second, and the blurriness really shows in the last photo. 

The middle photo looks particularly wistful to me.





No comments:

Post a Comment