Sunday, October 11, 2020

Back to the rancho

 Back to Rancho Guajome Adobe park, that is. I made a quick visit as I was leaving the Alta Vista Botanical Gardens today (Sunday, Oct. 11th). There were no rangers here at all, none. There were a few visiting chicanas, though, talking at the benches. The exhibits were all open. I walked around and took a few photos. Here are two:


View from the balcony of the central tower


Such a beautiful building. If they had a better garden, I know they would attract more visitors. A good garden would really show it off. Inside, the plants are nice, but it could be better. There is room after room with displays. 

Last year at this time there was a big Dia de los Muertos festival organized here by the Tierra Caliente Academy of Arts, with a big stage and about half a dozen folklorico groups. This year, the place was almost deserted. I had my privacy here. I actually liked that. I think I will return again.

No comments:

Post a Comment