Friday, October 16, 2020

The Desert Garden at Santa Barbara Garden

 One more from my Ferris Bueller's Day Off adventure at the Santa Barbara Botanic Garden on Oct. 15th, 2020. I only shot two photos with 4x5 Infrared film, and this one was the only one that came out. I wish it had been the one with the meadow, but fear not, I have plenty of infrared photos of that scene taken with my 6x9 camera. This one was taken with Rollei 400 IR film, with an R72 filter. I think I need to learn not to clutter too many shapes in the foreground, and to look for a scene or object of interest as the anchor. These scenes with various bushes in the front, as with my Casa Romantica shot from an entry before this one, do not work, there is no center of focus. I need to perfect my composition skills. This scene could have worked, but I would have needed to isolate a few elements. I'll try next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment