Friday, October 9, 2020

Infrared with JCH film

 I regularly view the Japan Camera Hunter site on the web. There are a variety of postings, but I am curious about their camera and film reviews. The writer (M. Nguyen) published an article about the possibility of using JCH film as infrared because it has sensitivity in that range. He actually compared it to Rollei 400 IR, and it compared favorably.

Well, I had a few 120 rolls of JCH, and I have an R72 filter, and I have my trusty Japanese camera, my Fuji GW690ii. So, why not try to take a few IR photos with it? And I did so in a recent visit to one of many local public gardens I have been visiting these past few months.

I'm not sure, but I think these photos are from two locations, from the South Coast Botanical Gardens and from Descanso Gardens, both in Los Angeles county but on opposite ends. Here are a few images, I won't upload all my images.


Love this image.


Not sure what I was photographing here, but I love it as well. I think it is a rock stream. 


This, I remember, is Descanso Garden. As George Lopez would say in one of his comedy routines, "I 'member", as he imitates the way Chicanos speak.

I am very happy with these photos! I will definitely try to buy more JCH Streetpan in 35 and 120 format, although for IR, the Rollei 400 film is less expensive. But I love the look, and will continue to explore IR photography as the sun commences its farewell dance in preparation for the clouds and rain that await un in winter and spring. Now we are in the heyday of the Kingdom of the Sun, the air is bright with infrared and the leaves are there on the branches still and not scattered on the earth as they will be in a few months. Now, now, grab the moment, it is now or wait for next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment