Friday, October 16, 2020

The Santa Barbara Mission

 What is a trip to Santa Barbara without photos of the mission? An incomplete trip, that is. The lighting in the afternoon is terrible, terrible, terrible. The church facade is imposing and beautiful, but not in the shade. I need to catch it in the morning, not in the afternoon. I still have not seen this church facade illuminated as it should be. 



What was I thinking? I guess it was that I needed my grab shot.


The washing area where indigenous women were enslaved to wash the clothes of the conquerers. What a harsh way to say it, but that is what comes to my mind. La lavandería, it is called.


The cliché shot that everyone needs to get. If the angle of the light were coming from the right, it might even have worked.


It was time to go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment