Saturday, October 10, 2020

The beautiful Casa Romántica de San Clemente

 Here are a few more photos from yesterday's (Oct. 9th, 2020) trip to the Casa Romántica in San Clemente, CA. 









These are all cellphone photos. I also two two rolls of 120 film with the Kraken, but I know those will not be well focused. So be it, I still want to see them, so I will drop them off at the lab in Irvine when I receive the notification that my current order is complete. 

The bad thing that day was that it was gloomy. I arrived at about 11:30 a.m. after what seemed like an interminable drive from Irvine. It just went on and on as I was looking for exit #75 from the 5 freeway headed south, but all drives seem interminable when you are going for the first time. Still, it was gloomy, and while I basically had the place to myself, the light was not helpful. One roll of 120 film was shot with Velvia, so I am hoping those colors will automatically be "punchier", but the other was with color film, as I recall. Still, the sun did peak out at about 12:30 p.m., and I was there for another 30 minutes, and I went ahead and took more exposures. I got my IR exposures, I knew that this was the right time, when the sun came out. I also got some regular black and white exposures as well as about 4 Velvia 4x5 slides. And, of course, I got plenty of cellphone photos. I am only choosing a few to upload here.

Today was gloomy today, but the forecast is for infernal heat again in the next few days. Today we maybe reached the low 80s, it will be in the upper 90s by early next week, with no clouds. Perfect for IR, not perfect for comfort, but I need to go to these places, if I don't, the depression will sap me.


No comments:

Post a Comment